Chicago Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau has to employ the best strategies possible to maximize Rose’s value in limited minutes
Derrick Rose is back and should play the remaining five games left in the regular season and the upcoming playoffs. Rose will start with a 20-minute playing time limit, which will be a challenge for Tom Thibodeau to get the most out of Rose while trying to win as many games as possible.
More from Chicago Bulls
- NBA Rumors: Warriors, Lakers among contenders for key free agent
- 3 players Bulls can sign with Disabled Player Exception
- NBA free agency: The 3 biggest losers in this offseason so far
- The new NBA flopping rules explained
- 5 players Sixers could acquire in Harden deal to stay competitive
The Bulls have survived without Rose, but are in a tight battle with Toronto for the third seed and the right to avoid LeBron James in the second round of the Eastern Conference playoffs.
It is in the Bulls best interest to avoid Cleveland as long as possible while Rose builds his strength, wind and chemistry back with his teammates. The Bulls are an impressive 19-4 when all five starters have played together and a respectable 17-14 without Rose, but are still very much a work in progress.
Here are five ways Thibodeau could use Rose to get the most value down the stretch and in the playoffs:
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle