The Cleveland Cavaliers had a ton of highlight dunks tonight, and Iman Shumpert made sure to make an addition of his own.
More from Cleveland Cavaliers
- Predicting NBA’s Christmas Day Schedule: Lakers, Warriors highlight slate of postseason rematches
- NBA Rumors: 3 teams that should trade for Joel Embiid
- NBA rumors: How Donovan Mitchell could wind up on the trading block
- The new NBA flopping rules explained
- 2023 NBA Free Agency: 5 underrated deals that could shift NBA landscape
Cleveland had one goal as the regular season comes to a quick end: clinch the 2-seed in the Eastern conference playoffs. They still have a few games to play, but they were able to complete that goal with a 104-99 win over the Milwaukee Bucks tonight. To no surprise, it was the big three of LeBron James, Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love who carried the Cavaliers with a combined 64 points, 24 rebounds and 17 assists.
The starters are always going to do their job, but it’s the bench that will need to step up for the Cavaliers if they want to make a deep playoff run. Tristan Thompson and Iman Shumpert lead Cleveland’s second unit, and the two did a good job tonight by coming for 20 points, 12 rebounds and one monster dunk.
It was a good look for James, but it was an even better job of timing the rebound by Shumpert. It was a really tight game at that moment, and plays like that are what can help give one team a little edge.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle