Oklahoma City Thunder fans showed they are some of the best in the NBA by greeting the team at the airport even after it was eliminated from playoff contention Wednesday.
More from NBA
- Predicting NBA’s Christmas Day Schedule: Lakers, Warriors highlight slate of postseason rematches
- 3 reasons the Blazers should trade Damian Lillard to the Heat and 2 reasons they shouldn’t
- LeBron James, Giannis, Damian Lillard all want that Mbappé money
- Jaylen Brown signs richest contract in NBA history without a left hand
- NBA rumors: Pistons determined to trade Killian Hayes
Considering the Thunder were a team that entered the season with championship aspirations, this season’s result was undoubtedly a huge disappointment for the team and it fan base.
But great fans will stick with a team even through the rough times and that’s what the Oklahoma City faithful proved to be on Wednesday.
A large mob of Thunder fans waited for the team at Will Rogers World Airport to greet the team even after its non-playoff fate had been sealed.
That’s a really awesome moment and we have to give a ton of props to Thunder fans here. Greeting a team at an airport is something one would typically see from a college sports fan base, so this just goes to show the type of special connection the Thunder have with their fans.
The Thunder finished the 2014-15 season with a 45-37 record.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle