Angels star outfielder Mike Trout made history Friday night when he became the youngest person to hit 100 home runs and steal 100 bases.
Mike Trout is on his way to a very special career.
Friday night against the Houston Astros, Mike Trout became the youngest player to hit 100 home runs and steal 1oo bases.
At just 23 years and 253 days, Trout beat Alex Rodriguez’s previous record of 23 years and 309 days.
Trout broke the record as he launched a shot on a line over the left field wall off of Astros pitcher Roberto Hernandez.
After an MVP season, it’s no surprise to see Trout continue to follow it up with record breaking feats. Already having 100 home runs before an age where most guys are even called up is incredible.
More from Los Angeles Angels
- MLB Rumors: Cardinals budging on Arenado, Orioles-Ohtani package, Yankees backup plan
- MLB Rumors: Shocking Shohei Ohtani suitor would be Dodgers, Giants nightmare
- MLB Rumors: Shohei Ohtani, Angels, Dodgers, Rich Hill
- MLB Rumors: David Bednar trade, Mets latest, Shohei Ohtani’s value
- Angels media preparing for the worst with Shohei Ohtani
At the pace Trout is on, he will hit lots of home runs and continue to climb in the record books. His rare blend of power and speed allows him to be just as much of a threat on the base paths as is he as at the plate.
In fact the only other Angels player to have 100 home runs and 100 stolen bases with the Halos, was Darin Erstad, who had 114 home runs and 170 runs from 1996 to 2006 for the club.
With the pace Trout is on, he’s going to set records in Los Angeles that will be hard for anyone else to even come close to breaking.
On the year Trout is batting .438 and if he keeps playing the way he is and the Angels make the postseason again, he will once again be in consideration for the MVP again.
Not bad for only being 23 years old.
[H/T: SB Nation]
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle