LeBron James is on a mission to bring Cleveland a championship, and it starts with the Boston Celtics.
More from Cleveland Cavaliers
- Predicting NBA’s Christmas Day Schedule: Lakers, Warriors highlight slate of postseason rematches
- NBA Rumors: 3 teams that should trade for Joel Embiid
- NBA rumors: How Donovan Mitchell could wind up on the trading block
- The new NBA flopping rules explained
- 2023 NBA Free Agency: 5 underrated deals that could shift NBA landscape
While the score shows an easy win from the Cavaliers, it was actually a pretty tight contest for most of the game. Cleveland was simply the better team and was able to separate themselves from Boston.
James seems extremely determined to bring a championship to his hometown and today was the first step in making that happen. James wasn’t the player causing the most havoc today, but he still did his usual thing by putting up 20 points (44 percent shooting), seven assists and six rebounds.
The numbers don’t jump off the screen, but he looked really good on the court today and was doing all the right things. He was getting his teammates involved with amazing long passes while a double team was on him, and he was very fast and explosive in transition or when he attacked the rim. That’s the type of King James the Cavaliers will need all postseason long.
If there’s anything to dislike about James’ performance today, it’s that the two-time champion had to play 42 minutes (the most in the game). The Cavaliers are hoping to be playing for a long time, and they really shouldn’t have their go-to guy playing that many minutes in the opening game against a team with a losing record. It would be surprising to see James hit the 40-minute mark for the remainder of this series.
Game Two will be Tuesday at Cleveland.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle