Here are my DraftKings pitcher picks for April 27th, 2015. Hopefully you went with my top SP selections yesterday as Arrieta (21.3 FP) and Morrow (22.15 FP) had very solid outings on Sunday. Good Luck tonight!
High End ($7100 and up)
David Price (DET) at MIN for $10400: Price has owned the Twins, going 4-1 with a 1.89 ERA and 39 Ks in 38 IP over his last 5 starts against them, three of which he did not allow a run. This is obviously a favorable matchup as the Tigers have the best record in the AL. Some fantasy players may shy away from Price due to his horrible showing last time out (8 ER, 13 H/BB in 2 1/3 IP vs. NYY) and his top salary. So take advantage and look for the resilient and ultra-talented Price to rebound in a big way vs. a mediocre at best Twins’ nine.
Honorable Mention: Jamie Shields (SD) at HOU for $9600: Shields has averaged 22 FPPG in 2015 and returns home against a less than average Astros offense. The resurgent Padres should have a good chance to win and get him the four extra points too.
Stay Away: Yovani Gallardo (TEX) vs. SEA for $7100. Gallardo hasn’t made it past the 6th inning in any of his four starts, which undermines his decent 21 K / 20.67 IP ratio. Holding a 3.92 ERA and 1.50 WHIP, leave the new Ranger alone until he gets a few consecutive quality starts under his belt.
More from DraftKings
- DraftKings Open Championship picks 2023: Best PGA DFS golf lineup
- Genesis Scottish Open DraftKings picks 2023: Best PGA DFS golf lineup
- Rocket Mortgage Classic DraftKings picks 2023: Best PGA DFS golf lineup
- US Open DraftKings picks 2023: Best PGA DFS golf lineup
- RBC Canadian Open DraftKings picks 2023: Best PGA DFS golf lineup
Low End ($6900 and below)
Taijuan Walker (SEA) at TEX for $6500: After a miserable start, Walker rebounded last time out vs. HOU with 20+ fantasy points. This immensely talented (2.61 ERA, 24 Ks, 38 IP in 2014) but raw young pitcher is still developing as this will be only his 12th major league start. Expect Walker to continue to progress on the learning curve tonight where he could potentially get high salary numbers at a bargain price against a Rangers squad which is 2-4 on home and is 18th in the league in runs scored.
Honorable Mention: Vance Worley (PIT) vs. CHC for $6200. Worley had a decent outing vs. CHC in his last start, allowing 0 ER in 5 2/3 with Ks. The Pirates are heating up and are facing Jason Hammel who is 1-1 with a 5.19 ERA in 2015.
Stay Away: Hector Noesi (CWS) vs. BAL for $5500: Although the White Sox are riding high after taking 2 straight from KC, look for-that to stop tonight against an Oriole team that put up 18 runs against Boston at home on Sunday. Noesi has a 0-2 record with a 5.23 ERA & 1.45 WHIP so look for a low-priced SP elsewhere.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle