Deron Williams has not played very good basketball for the majority of his Brooklyn Nets’ first-round series against the Atlanta Hawks. In Games 2 and 3, Williams combined for just five points.
However, Williams bounced back in a big way to start Game 4. The Nets point guard poured in 13 points in the game’s first-half.
Two of those points were made possible from a ridiculous crossover Williams put on DeMarre Carroll with just over seven minutes left in the second quarter.
Take a look at Williams’ sick move below:
"Deron Williams breaks out the NASTY crossover on @NBATV! #NBARapidReplay http://t.co/rFHC1Njhqz— NBA (@NBA) April 27, 2015"
Yeah, that’s pretty nasty.
It’s hard not to think back to the days when Williams was viewed as one of the top point guards in the NBA after watching a play like that.
The Nets will certainly need more plays like this one from Williams if they want to even their series with the Hawks at two games apiece.
Williams averaged 13.0 points (38.7 percent shooting from the field, 36.7 percent shooting from beyond the arc), 6.6 assists and 3.5 rebounds per game in the regular season.
More from Brooklyn Nets
- NBA Rumors: 5 best trade destinations for Pascal Siakam
- The new NBA flopping rules explained
- NBA rumors: 4 teams not named Heat or Nets engaged on Damian Lillard trade
- Could James Harden take a page out of Kevin Durant’s trade request playbook?
- Damian Lillard trade request: The best offers Nets and Heat can make to land star