Brian Cushing isn’t known for being a cuddly NFL superstar, and he’s not going to be the face of Starbucks anytime soon.
The Houston Texans are in the national spotlight thanks to HBO Hard Knocks being at their training camp, but that’s not fazing Brian Cushing one bit. If you thought the linebacker was going to be on his best behavior to help PR, you apparently aren’t aware of who Brian Cushing is.
Cushing has a reputation for being a no nonsense type of player who speaks his mind and isn’t afraid to say things that others might shy away from. Starbucks isn’t a sponsor of the NFL, and Cushing is going to make sure that doesn’t happen any time soon — at least not around Houston.
On the latest episode of HBO Hard Knocks, Cushing was asked if he drank Starbucks and replied that he used to until he realized he wasn’t a woman.
Starbucks has to be thrilled.
This is what it’s like to be at NFL training camp. There’s a lot of machismo flowing and testosterone to spare. What isn’t around it Starbucks — and it never will be as long as Brian Cushing is around.
More from Houston Texans
- NFL Power Rankings: Who is the best quarterback in each division?
- NFL Power Rankings: Which teams will have the best rushing attacks this season?
- NFL power rankings: Which teams will have the best defense this season?
- Oh, honey: No one told Davis Mills why the Texans took C.J. Stroud
- NFL rumors: Jadeveon Clowney open to returning to former team