It seems as if the career of NFL running back Trent Richardson is coming to an end, as the Oakland Raiders have cut ties with him
Back in the 2012 NFL Draft, there were many people that thought there were big things on the horizon for Alabama running back Trent Richardson. After the career that he enjoyed in Tuscaloosa in the college ranks, there was really no question in a lot of peoples’ minds that he would have an amazing NFL career.
Well, as we have found out time and time again throughout history, sometimes players from the college ranks that strike it big don’t always pan out in the NFL. Richardson, of course, may be one of those stories.
According to a report from ESPN, Richardson was cut by the Oakland Raiders on Monday.
This is most certainly a fall from grace for the former Alabama running back that was once one of the most feared rushers in the game of football. His bruising style, though, never really translated to the professional level.
Where he goes from here? Well, now that’s a good question. After flailing with the Browns, Colts and Raiders…there’s not really much else to do.
More from Las Vegas Raiders
- Raiders: Saquon Barkley’s new contract may have screwed over Josh Jacobs
- Raiders sign coveted All-Pro ahead of training camp
- Raiders RB Josh Jacobs leaves Vegas in dramatic fashion amid contract dispute
- NFL Rumors: Insider predicts great news for Raiders on free agency front
- Austin Ekeler leading RB revolt with Zoom meeting of biggest names