With their fight just a little over 24 hours away now, Floyd Mayweather and Andre Berto weighed in on Friday
This Saturday night history could very well be made, because it might be the last time that we ever see Floyd Mayweather step into a boxing ring. When the undefeated star gets into that ring against his next challenger, Andre Berto, it could signal the last time Mayweather throws on the gloves.
However, before we get to that moment, we had to make sure that the fight could actually happen. Of course, this means the weigh ins took place inside the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
Well, just a short time ago, both fighters stepped up onto the scale, and thankfully, all went well for both and the fight will be taking place.
With the welterweight limit being set at 147, everything is a go.
Mayweather has indicated that he only plans on taking this one last fight, which has some people really scratching their heads. His opponent on Saturday night, Berto, has suffered three losses in his last six fights. This isn’t someone coming in with a full head of steam, to say the least. He’s also not someone that has the name recognition of a Manny Pacquiao, so most people are taking the approach that this whole thing is just a farce.
Whatever the case my be, the fight will be happening on Saturday night, no matter how many people actually tune in or not.
More from Boxing
- Limited-Time FanDuel Boxing Promo: $200 Bonus for ANY Bet on Baumgardner vs Linardatou
- Rays vs. Diamondbacks prediction and odds for Thursday, June 29 (Take the OVER)
- DraftKings Boxing Promo GUARANTEES $200 on Lopez vs Taylor (Plus, Win an Extra $200+ in Five States!)
- Industry’s BIGGEST Boxing Promo Unlocks $2,500 Bonus Betting on Lopez vs Taylor at FanDuel
- Turn $5 Into $200 Betting on Claressa Shields With DraftKings Boxing Promo (-8000 Odds Usually Pays out 6 Cents!)