Matt Kenseth dominated Saturday night, as he won the last race of the regular season at Richmond.
Using great restarts, pit stops and leading over 350 laps out of 400, Matt Kenseth put together one of the most dominating performances of the season as he won his third race in the last six on the NASCAR Sprint Cup Schedule.
Now, he heads into “The Chase” and is looking like one of the top contenders to walk away with a Sprint Cup Championship this season. At Richmond, Kenseth had some battles with Joey Logano and Kyle Busch for the win, but he never faced any major competition for the win.
Kenseth now sets his sights on a second cup championship in his career. He will face heavy competition from the same men who battled him tonight in Logano and Busch. Aric Almirola finished fourth at Richmond, and gave it a great battle at the end as he tried to pick up a win to put himself into the postseason, but he just fell short.
Now, the postseason begins and Matt Kenseth along with the rest of NASCAR’s best will all fight for glory as they aim to bring home a title.
Here is the complete finishing order at Richmond.
Federated Auto Parts 400
|5||Dale Earnhardt Jr.|
|16||Ricky Stenhouse Jr.|
|28||Sam Hornish Jr.|
|32||Martin Truex Jr.|
Now the real fun begins.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle