Taking a look at what restaurants will be open on Christmas Day in case you burn the turkey, have a fiasco, or just don’t feel like preparing food.
It’s Christmas Day once again and, while it’s no Thanksgiving, that usually means that some sort of big meal is involved. Whether it’s by yourself or with the family, it’s a time to treat yourself to a hearty meal to celebrate the holiday season.
Of course, things don’t always go as planned. Accidents can happen in the kitchen, tensions can arise with family or a litany of other circumstances could come about. As such, you could be left wondering which restaurants are open on Christmas Day.
It’s a valid question as you could be looking for something to eat. And yes, most restaurants are closed on Dec. 25, but not all of them.
Obviously we can’t tell you what local restaurants are going to be open on Christmas Day. However, we can give you the in on these chain restaurants that will have their doors open on Dec. 25:
- Applebee’s (limited locations; check local store hours)
- IHOP (Hours may vary from normal hours)
- Waffle House (open 24/7, normal hours)
- Fogo de Chao (open 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.)
- Denny’s (open 24 hours on Christmas Day)
- Boston Market (open 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- Most fast food restaurants and other chains including TGI Fridays, Domino’s and Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse should be called individually as their store hours and availability on the holiday vary by location.
There’s no doubt that it’d be wonderful if everyone could have a meal on the holiday at home, but that’s not always in the cards. While the options may be limited, at least there are some places that will be open and serving food on Dec. 25 that you can patronize if you need such a thing.