Stacking The Box huddles up to talk about the biggest things we saw in Week 5 before looking ahead at what this NFL weekend will bring.
Another week of the season is in the books, and Browns fans are quickly finding themselves wishing each week was the last. Cleveland has limped to a 2-3 record through the first five games of the year, and things aren’t looking like they’ll even out anytime soon.
Specifically, the fact that Freddie Kitchens was Plan B in the hiring process (2:10) is being a sorer point with each passing week. Meanwhile, the 49ers continued their undefeated streak but still need to prove themselves (5:25), and the Colts are showing they could be playoff-bound (11:17).
Jay Gruden was fired as Washington’s head coach on Monday, and Redskins defensive end Jonathan Allen stopped by to discuss the state of the team moving forward.
Perhaps the most fun conversation happening in football right now involves Minshew Magic. The Jaguars quarterback has won hearts and minds across the league but has backed it up with solid play. Jacksonville seems to have found a diamond in the rough with Gardner Minshew as he continues to make a clear-cut case for Rookie of the Year.
Other things the Stacking The Box crew discussed this week include:
- Chiefs need Tyreek Hill back (10:25)
- A breakdown of the dysfunction in Washington (15:10)
- Daniel Jones is getting thrown into the Lion’s Den on Sunday (25:15)
- Are the Raiders going to make the playoffs? (45:35)
- Is Christian McCaffrey the MVP? (51:13)
- Deshaun Watson is going to have a statement game against Chiefs (56:40)
All this and more!