The LSU football schedule has been set for the upcoming 2022 college football season.
LSU football fans have something new, cool and interesting to dissect with the Tigers’ 2022 college football season schedule.
The biggest thing that jumps off the page is when, where and who the Bayou Bengals are opening up with. They will face Mike Norvell’s Florida State Seminoles in a “neutral-site” game at the Caesars Superdome on Sept. 4 in New Orleans Labor Day weekend. This is a fantastic opportunity for Ed Orgeron’s team to set the tone for how they want the 2022 campaign to go for them.
Here is what the rest of the 2022 LSU football schedule looks like.
2022 LSU football schedule
- Sept. 4: vs. Florida State Seminoles (New Orleans, LA)
- Sept. 10: vs. Southern Jaguars
- Sept. 17: vs. Mississippi State Bulldogs
- Sept. 24: vs. New Mexico Lobos
- Oct. 1: at Auburn Tigers (Auburn, AL)
- Oct. 8: vs. Tennessee Volunteers
- Oct. 15: at Florida Gators (Gainesville, FL)
- Oct. 22: vs. Ole Miss Rebels
- Oct. 29: Bye
- Nov. 5: vs. Alabama Crimson Tide
- Nov. 12: at Arkansas Razorbacks (Fayetteville, AR)
- Nov. 19: vs. UAB Blazers
- Nov. 26: at Texas A&M Aggies (College Station, TX)
While all four of the Bayou Bengals’ four non-conference games are very winnable, their season will be defined with how they navigate SEC play. LSU gets a favorable draw out of the SEC East rotation with a home date vs. Tennessee on Oct. 8. While they get Alabama at home on Nov. 5, they have to play Florida in Gainesville on Oct. 15 and Texas A&M on Nov. 26 in College Station.
If LSU wins all four non-conference games, look for the Tigers to win around nine or 10 games.