The calendar for the 2022 Formula 1 season is set. When is preseason testing? When will the F1 schedule of races begin? Which tracks are on tap?
After a wild 2021 season, Formula 1 is on the way back for more in 2022.
The cars are entirely different this year, which means the playing field should be more even than ever.
Will Max Verstappen defend his World Driver’s Championship? Will Lewis Hamilton get his revenge and finally claim his eighth title? Or will someone else make a move and climb to the top of the standings?
The time to find out how it’ll all unfold is near.
F1 schedule for 2022
- Feb. 23-25: Pre-season track session (Spain)
- Mar. 10-12: Pre-season testing (Bahrain)
- Mar. 18-20: Bahrain Grand Prix
- Mar. 25-27: Saudi Arabian Grand Prix
- Apr. 8-10: Australian Grand Prix
- Apr. 22-24: Emilia Romagna Grand Prix and Sprint Race
- May 6-8: Miami Grand Prix
- May 20-22: Spanish Grand Prix
- May 27-29: Monaco Grand Prix
- June 10-12: Azerbaijan Grand Prix
- June 17-19: Canadian Grand Prix
- July 1-3: British Grand Prix
- July 8-10: Austrian Grand Prix and Sprint Race
- July 22-24: French Grand Prix
- July 29-31: Hungarian Grand Prix
- Aug. 26-28: Belgian Grand Prix
- Sept. 2-4: Dutch Grand Prix
- Sept. 9-11: Italian Grand Prix
- Sept. 23-25: Russian Grand Prix [CANCELED]
- Sept. 10-Oct. 2: Singapore Grand Prix
- Oct. 7-9: Japanese Grand Prix
- Oct. 21-23: United States Grand Prix
- Oct. 28-30: Mexico City Grand Prix
- Nov. 11-13: Sao Paulo Grand Prix and Sprint Race
- Nov. 18-20: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
UPDATE: In light of the Russian invasion of Ukraine, the FIA canceled the Russian Grand Prix.
“We are watching the developments in Ukraine with sadness and shock and hope for a swift and peaceful resolution to the present situation,” F1’s governing body wrote in a statement. “On Thursday evening Formula 1, the FIA, and the teams discussed the position of our sport, and the conclusion is, including the view of all relevant stakeholders, that it is impossible to hold the Russian Grand Prix in the current circumstances.”
The pre-season testing for 2022 will began in February in Barcelona with a “track session.”
Testing in Bahrain in March had have fans in attendance as well as full broadcast coverage as the teams get their first chance to set the stage for the campaign.
The season will begin with the first practice sessions of the Bahrain Grand Prix on March 10, qualifying on March 11 and the featured race on March 12. From there, it’s lights out and away we go on the 2022 World Championship.
Sprint races have been confirmed for the Emilia Romagna, Austrian and Sao Paolo Grand Prix.