There were new matches added to the WrestleMania 38 card during the March 4 edition of Friday Night SmackDown.
WrestleMania 38 is less than a month away and there were two new matches added to the card on the March 4 edition of Friday Night SmackDown.
The show opened up with Sami Zayn defending his newly-won Intercontinental Championship against Ricochet. Zayn became distracted when the Jackass theme song hit the arena sound system and his foe Johnny Knoxville walked down the ramp and stood on the ring apron. As Zayn went for a punch, Knoxville ducked, which allowed Ricochet to capitalize to pick up the victory and the title.
An incensed Zayn wreaked havoc backstage, before looking into the camera and issued a WrestleMania challenge to Knoxville. Later in the night, Knoxville accepted, and the match is on.
On this very night, SmackDown commentator Pat McAfee found out who his WrestleMania opponent would be after WWE Chairman Vince McMahon offered him a match during his interview on “The Pat McAfee Show.” Austin Theory walked down the ramp, verbally ran down McAfee and revealed that he is his opponent. Theory then slapped McAfee across the face before retreating backstage.
Here are the confirmed matches for WrestleMania 38 after this latest episode of SmackDown.
Updated WrestleMania 38 match card after March 4 SmackDown
Night One: Saturday, Apr. 2
- SmackDown Women’s Championship: Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Ronda Rousey
- Raw Women’s Championship: Becky Lynch (c) vs. Bianca Belair
- The Miz and Logan Paul vs. Rey and Dominik Mysterio
- Drew McIntyre vs. Happy Corbin
Night Two: Sunday, Apr. 3
- Winner Take All, Title Unification: Universal Champion Roman Reigns vs. WWE Champion Brock Lesnar
- Women’s Tag Team Championship: Carmella and Queen Zelina (c) vs. Sasha Banks and Naomi
- Johnny Knoxville vs. Sami Zayn
Matches with Unannounced Dates
- Edge vs. AJ Styles
- Pat McAfee vs. Austin Theory