The F1 practice schedule for the Imola Grand Prix is a little bit different this week with sprint qualifying. Here’s when and where to watch.
The Formula 1 season will heat up this weekend with the first sprint race of the campaign set for the Imola Grand Prix.
But first, the drivers have to get their bearings with practice sessions beginning on Friday.
Here’s what you need to know to tune in as the cars get ready in F1 practice.
F1 schedule: Practice sessions for the Imola Grand Prix
Free Practice 1: Friday, Apr. 22 at 7:30 a.m. ET on ESPN2
Sprint Qualifying: Friday, Apr. 22 at 10:55 a.m. ET on ESPN2
Free Practice 2: Saturday, Apr. 23 at 6:25 a.m. ET on ESPN2
Sprint Race: Saturday, Apr. 23 at 10:25 a.m. ET on ESPN
F1 practice live stream: How to watch Imola GP practice
Watching practice this week is easy with all sessions on ESPN 2. However, the schedule doesn’t follow a conventional layout.
On Friday, Free Practice 1 will be followed by Sprint Qualifying. Then Saturday will begin with Free Practice 2 before the Sprint Race begins. That will be on ESPN.
For those trying to catch practice on their smart device or TV, jump over to Watch ESPN to watch the live stream. Of course, you’ll need a television service provider log in to get access.
If you’ve cut the cord or don’t have a TV provider, fear not. You can tune in via Fubo TV with their seven-day free trial.
F1 standings ahead of the Imola Grand Prix
- Charles Leclerc (Ferrari) — 71 points
- George Russell (Mercedes) — 37
- Carlos Sainz (Ferrari) — 33
- Sergio Perez (Red Bull) — 30
- Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes) — 28
- Max Verstappen (Red Bull) — 25
- Esteban Ocon (Renault) — 20
- Lando Norris (McLaren) — 16
- Kevin Magnussen (Haas) — 12
- Valtteri Bottas (Alfa Romeo) — 8
- Daniel Ricciardo (McLaren) — 8
- Pierre Gasly (AlphaTauir) — 4
- Yuki Tsunoda (AlphaTauri) — 4
- Fernando Alonso (Alpine) — 2
- Zhou Guanyu (Alfa Romeo) — 1
- Alexander Albon (Williams) — 1
- Mick Schumacher (Haas) — 0
- Lance Stroll (Aston Martin) — 0
- Nico Hulkenberg (Aston Martin) — 0
- Nicholas Latifi (Williams) — 0
F1 Constructor standings ahead of Imola GP
Ferrari — 104 points
Mercedes — 65
Red Bull — 55
McLaren — 24
Alpine — 22
Alfa Romeo — 13
Haas — 12
AlphaTauri — 10
Williams — 1
Aston Martin — 0