TCU’s thrilling overtime victory over Oklahoma State is sure to switch things up in the Top 10 as the Horned Frogs took control of the Big 12.
TCU and Oklahoma State came into Saturday knowing they would be in a dogfight for an edge in the Big 12 standings.
The matchup lived up to the hype as they slugged it out in a game decided by overtime.
The Horned Frogs scored 14 unanswered points in the fourth quarter to force the extra football, then won it with a Kendre Miller score in the second overtime period.
What does that result mean for each team and their rankings?
Updated college football rankings after Oklahoma State vs. TCU
- Georgia Bulldogs [WIN 55-0 vs. Vanderbilt]
- Tennessee Volunteers [WIN 52-49 vs. Alabama]
- Ohio State Buckeyes [Bye]
- Michigan Wolverines [WIN 41-17 vs. Penn State]
- Alabama Crimson Tide [LOSS 52-49 at Tennessee]
- Clemson Tigers [at Florida State]
- USC Trojans [at Utah]
- TCU Horned Frogs [WIN 43-40 vs. Oklahoma State]
- Ole Miss Rebels [WIN 48-34 vs. Auburn]
- UCLA Bruins [Bye]
- Oklahoma State Cowboys [LOSS 43-40 at TCU]
- Oregon Ducks [Bye]
- Wake Forest Demon Deacons [Bye]
- Penn State Nittany Lions [LOSS 41-17 at Michigan]
- Mississippi State Bulldogs [at Kentucky]
- Kansas State Wildcats [Bye]
- Syracuse Orange [WIN 24-9 vs. NC State]
- Utah Utes [vs. USC]
- Cincinnati Bearcats [Bye]
- North Carolina State Wolfpack [LOSS 24-9 at Syracuse]
- Texas Longhorns [WIN 24-21 vs. Iowa State]
- Kentucky Wildcats [vs. Mississippi State]
- Illinois Fighting Illini [WIN 26-14 vs. Minnesota]
- James Madison Dukes [at Georgia Southern]
- North Carolina [at Duke]
DROPPED OUT: Kansas Jayhawks [LOSS 52-42 at Oklahoma]
TCU and Oklahoma State turned out to be evenly matched in the end, so their rankings could just flip.
The Horned Frogs could rise even further if USC and Clemson can’t take care of their business in tough matchups on Saturday night. Ole Miss’s inability to put away Auburn should give TCU room to jump them.
The Cowboys could fall a few more spots but their loss is better than Oregon’s, so keeping them in front of the inactive Ducks feels right.