This might be one of the strangest, yet cool stories you see this year. Apparently a female Arkansas Razorbacks fan saw Kliff Kingsbury for the first time and developed a little bit of a crush on him, like many female fans have in the wake of Klingsbury’s budding popularity and entertainment magazines comparing him to Ryan Gosling.
This fan did something a little bit different though, and it is weird. She wrote a break up letter to Kingsbury, and apparently included a rather sexy photo of herself. In it she breaks the bad news to Kingsbury that their non-existent whirlwind romance must come to an end, listing the reasons why.
What makes this story so incredible is how Kingsbury responded. He sent back a package which included an autographed picture that said “thanks for the memories.” He also wrote a letter saying it was the best note he had received since taking over the job, the picture might have helped.
He also critiques the song order on the mixtape she sent, which is hilarious and awesome.
Click to enlarge
In case you’re curious, here are the contents of what she sent him:
And the track list for that mixtape:
- No Diggity – Blackstreet (it was first because it’s my all time favorite; 15+ years later and I still remember the lyrics!)
- If – Janet Jackson
- Get It On… Tonite – Montell Jordan
- Pony – Ginuwine
- Don’t Let Go – En Vogue
- Nice & Slow – Usher
- Red Light Special – TLC
- Anywhere – 112
- Candy Rain – Soul IV Real
- I’ll Make Love To You – Boyz II Men
- Come With Me – Shai (by the way, I’m amazed that Kliff’s karaoke song of choice was “If I Ever Fall in Love,” which is also one of my favorite songs)
- Twisted – Keith Sweat
- I Swear – All-4-One
Meanwhile: An Arkansas fan “breaks up” with Kliff Kingsbury, Kliff responds: pic.twitter.com/mW64UnQrvl
— RedditCFB (@RedditCFB) August 15, 2014