The Carolina Panthers have issued a non-statement, statement, on the serious car crash which involved quarterback Cam Newton.
More from Carolina Panthers
- NFL rumors: Eagles RB1 hint, Bryce Young shows out, C.J. Stroud slow play
- NFL Power Rankings: Who is the best quarterback in each division?
- Carolina Panthers RB has a truly wild Andy Dalton take
- NFL Power Rankings: Which teams will have the best rushing attacks this season?
- Bryce Young has one fiery obstacle in the way of his starting job
Earlier today, Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton was involved in a rather serious car accident which allegedly involved his truck rolling over.
It appears the signal caller will be okay after some rest, though his status for this weekends game is obviously in doubt considering reports from the scene suggested that Cam Newton was in pain from the crash.
While the Carolina Panthers didn’t officially confirm that Newton was involved in a car wreck, they did give a non-statement to reflect a possible statement on the crash.
While I understand the Carolina Panthers were simply attempting to inform fans their franchise player was involved in a pretty nasty crash, it seems a little odd to make such a sentiment considering they had no information on what took place.
It was almost as if the team was telling fans “yes, we know about the situation, stop tweeting us about it”.
Thankfully it appears as if disaster has been averted though as Newton, despite some bumps and bruises, doesn’t appear to have any serious injuries according to reports that have surfaced.
Photos from the scene show off a pretty scary situation and one that could have turned out much worse, so thankfully Newton was not injured seriously. Hopefully the same can be said for other drivers involved in the crash as well.
More from FanSided
- NFL rumors: Aaron Rodgers sets Jets up for Super Bowl run with new contract
- MLB Trade Grades: Dodgers land Amed Rosario from Guardians
- Colorado gives Pac-12 a possible death knell with move to Big 12
- NFL rumors: Dalvin Cook suitor maintaining very ‘real’ interest
- Braves get dose of bad news on Max Fried as ace nears return