Pep Hamilton has led the Indianapolis Colts’ offense to being the most prolific passing attack in the entire NFL, and his success has begun getting him looks from teams searching for new head coaches.
More from Indianapolis Colts
- Colts get trolled for new black helmet, looking like Duke wannabes
- NFL’s running back revolt has begun after Saquon Barkley drama
- 3 running backs who will be the next Saquon Barkley with contract disputes
- NFL Power Rankings: Who is the best quarterback in each division?
- Philip Rivers can soon play QB with a full offense of his kids
His latest job interview came following Sunday’s win over the Cincinnati Bengals, when the Oakland Raiders began making their pitch.
Oakland has also interviewed Mike Shanahan according to a report from earlier today, but could consider going with a younger voice for the rebuild that they are going through.
Hamilton has taken some heat from Colts fans for his play calling, but the success he has had cannot be taken away from him. His rushing game has not been very good in Indianapolis, but he hasn’t been given too much to work with.
Trent Richardson has been nothing better than inconsistent, but Dan “Boom” Herron seems to have given them some life on the ground.
If Hamilton does end up getting hired by the Raiders, the Colts would have to make a move fairly quickly. He has worked very well alongside of Andrew Luck, and the chance to work with Derek Carr in Oakland would be a good opportunity for him as well.
This isn’t exactly the type of big name that the Raiders were hoping to get, but he has experience with improving offenses and taking them to the next level.
The Raiders are far from being done with their coaching search, and have plenty of options on the table. Hamilton appears to be one of them at this point in time, but he is going up against some very good competition. It is unclear when the Raiders will make a decision on their next head coach, but it shouldn’t be too terribly much longer.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle