Joey Logano is excited after the biggest victory of career
Joey Logano captured the biggest moment of his young career Sunday. The 24-year-old won his first ever Daytona 500 while fending off defending Sprint Cup Champion Kevin Harvick and the rest of the field.
More from NASCAR
- NASCAR rain delay today, July 2 update: Chicago Street Race
- Where is the NASCAR course in Chicago? A look at how the Grant Park 220 will work
- Grant Park 220 Ticket prices: How much does it cost to attend?
- LAST CHANCE: FanDuel’s Crazy $2,500 Bonus NASCAR Promo Expires Sunday
- Trevor, start your engine: Jaguars’ temporary stadium could be NASCAR mecca
Logano looked to be coasting to a victory, however, after Justin Allgaier wrecked and ran into the wall, the caution came out and Logano would have to restart with the rest of the pack.
Logano had no trouble on the restart and was able to get back out in front of everyone to win the Daytona 500.
Afterwards, Logano was filled with joy and excitement as he celebrated with his team and family. He took to Twitter to share his excitement and let everyone know how he felt about winning his first Daytona 500.
It’s a great moment for Logano, who is one of the best young drivers in NASCAR. Logano was able to live out one of his childhood dreams Sunday and will be now remembered alongside all the greats who have won the Daytona 500.
Logano has now earned a spot in the chase for the Sprint Cup Championship thanks to his win. He also is the leader overall in the Sprint Cup Standings after the first week.
What a moment for Joey.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle