Borussia Dortmund star Marco Reus’ latest injury scare is not serious as initially predicted.
The 25-year-old limped off after just 21 minutes in Dortmund’s 2-0 win over third tier Dynamo Dresden in the DFB-Pokal.
Everyone feared for the worst when Reus was laying on the ground after a tackle by Dennis Erdmann, especially after Reus’ recent injury troubles, having only returned to action in late January. However, it turns out it was just a dead leg.
Manager Jurgen Klopp feared it was a broken leg at first and was delighted and angry at the same time when he found it wasn’t that serious.
More from Soccer
- LeBron James, Giannis, Damian Lillard all want that Mbappé money
- Is this Alex Morgan’s last Women’s World Cup with the USWNT?
- Caesars and PointsBet Promo Codes: $1,750 Bonus For ANY World Cup or MLB Game!
- DraftKings + FanDuel World Cup Promos: Bet $10 on USA vs Netherlands, Win $250 Bonus GUARANTEED!
- NWSL Challenge Cup news: Courage ruthless against Washington, Racing remain perfect
“If it is really just a bruise with Marco, this has been a good night,” Klopp said. “I looked so angry because everybody looked at me like he had a broken leg. I am a simple person and if everybody looks at me like his leg is broken, I believe that. I hope next time they will inform me sooner when it is just a bruise.”
The news comes as a big boost especially as Dortmund seemed to have turned their season around coinciding with Reus’ return, having won five domestic games in a row after their win against Dresden – the first time they’ve achieved that since February 2014.
And if Dortmund have any hopes of overturning their Champions League 2-1 defeat to Juventus at the Westfalenstadion in the return leg, Reus’ presence will be crucial.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle