The Cleveland Browns have emerged as a team that has interest in top corner Darrelle Revis.
The Cleveland Browns have emerged as a contender in the Darrelle Revis sweepstakes per Mary Kate Cabot. Revis did not have his option picked up by the New England Patriots and is set to become a free agent at 4pm ET. At that time, he will be available for all teams to sign and a team that is expected to make a big push is the Browns. The Patriots are still interested in bringing him back on their roster, but they didn’t want to pay the price tag of that option. They are looking for a better deal, but other teams like the Browns will make their offers to him as well.
More from Cleveland Browns
- Browns release 2022 draft pick after allegations he threatened a woman
- Browns wave white flag against the Steelers months ahead of time
- NFL Power Rankings: Who is the best quarterback in each division?
- NFL Power Rankings: Which teams will have the best rushing attacks this season?
- NFL rumors: DeAndre Hopkins reunion with former quarterback off the table
The Browns have the ablity to offer a big contract to Revis and the team also has a head coach that used to work with Revis. Revis loved playing for Mike Pettine in New York and may want to head to Cleveland to play for his former coach.
Imagine what the Browns secondary would look like with Joe Haden locking down one side and Darrelle Revis locking down the other side. Imagine what practice would look like with Johnny Manziel trying to hit his receivers with those guys covering them. That would be insane.
With Mike Pettine running the team, they will be looking to boost up the defense and having a secondary with Haden and Revis will help the Browns shut down offenses. Teams would struggle in the passing game to find their receivers and it will allow the other players to get to the quarterback.
This would be an amazing signing for the Browns and would help them become contenders. Will they be able to pull it off though? There will be a number of teams that will have interest in Revis. Will the Browns have enough to offer?
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle