The Indianapolis Colts have officially agreed to a two-year, $16 million contract with free agent pass rusher Trent Cole.
One of the biggest issues for the Indianapolis Colts last season was their lack of a pass rush, and it hurt them in a big way against the New England Patriots in the AFC Championship game. It wasn’t just the defense against the Patriots, but it was certainly an issue that needed to be fixed coming into the offseason.
According to a report from ESPN’s Adam Caplan, the Colts have agree to a two-year, $16 million contract with pass rushing specialist Trent Cole.
Cole was released by the Philadelphia Eagles earlier this offseason, and the Colts showed interest nearly immediately. This is a huge pickup for the Colts, and it will improve their pass rush in 2015. There aren’t many ways that it could get worse, but Cole’s leadership and skill will be a nice addition for Indianapolis.
More from Indianapolis Colts
- Colts get trolled for new black helmet, looking like Duke wannabes
- NFL’s running back revolt has begun after Saquon Barkley drama
- 3 running backs who will be the next Saquon Barkley with contract disputes
- NFL Power Rankings: Who is the best quarterback in each division?
- Philip Rivers can soon play QB with a full offense of his kids
At 32 years old, there is some concern from Colts fans about what he can bring to the team in 2015. Age is always a factor in a players production, and the fact that he is in his 30’s is a concern. Indianapolis has been a very young all-around team over the past few seasons, but mixing in veterans like Cole is a major key for young teams.
It will be very interesting to see what Cole brings to the table for the Colts’ defense, but he should end up being a very nice pickup.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle