North Carolina coasted by Boston College in their first round game of the ACC Tournament Wednesday and here’s your updated bracket.
The North Carolina Tar Heels came into the ACC Conference Tournament as the five-seed trying to prove that they’re right up there as a team with Virginia and Duke and their 81-63 win over Boston College Wednesday.
More from March Madness
- Angel Reese thinks First Lady’s plan for hosting NCAA Champion is super lame
- Who won men’s March Madness?
- Watch One Shining Moment 2023 after UConn wins national championship
- CBB world reacts to Jim Nantz’s emotional final March Madness sign-off
- UConn national championship parade day, time, route details
North Carolina’s top players, Marcus Paige and Bryce Johnson led the team Wednesday with 17 points. Johnson added nine rebounds and Paige added six boards and nine assists to help the Tar Heels to an 18-point victory.
Here’s the updated bracket after North Carolina’s win:
North Carolina’s win will lead them to a tough game against 4-seed Louisville Cardinals that will take place Thursday at 2 PM E.T. on ESPN. North Carolina won the first regular season matchup against Louisville at home in January, when they beat the Cardinals 72-71 in a great game. Louisville evened out the series at the end of January when they defeated the Tar Heels 78-68 in overtime at home.
Florida State defeated Clemson earlier today and they’ll move on to challenge the No. 1 seed Virginia Thursday.
No. 2 seed Duke will take on the winner of NC State and Pittsburgh on Thursday as well and No. 3 seed Notre Dame will face the winner of Miami-Virginia Tech.
The Tar Heels finished the regular season as the 19th-seed in college basketball after posting a 21-10 record after they split a series with Louisville, but were unable to get it done against Duke both times and also fell to Virginia and Notre Dame. If North Carolina can defeat Louisville Thursday, they’ll hope to get their revenge against the Cavaliers in the semifinals of the ACC Tournament.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle