Iowa State’s Monte Morris was able to pull off the clutch shot on Thursday night to get the win over Texas
Well, the Big 12 Tournament No. 2 seed Iowa State Cyclones found themselves in a bit of a bind on Thursday night, as they were being given all they can handle by the Texas Longhorns. However, there are some clutch shooters on this Iowa State team and Monte Morris came through when the team needed him the absolute most.
With time running down in regulation and the game tied at 67, an errant pass by Texas put the ball in the hands of Iowa State with just seconds to go in this one.
Everything was on the line right here for Iowa State, and Morris showed a cold-blooded side in helping his team get the win in the end.
That right there is what the month of March is all about and is why we love the sport of college basketball.
With that shot, too, Morris may have knocked Texas out of the NCAA Tournament. It seems as if they might get lucky and get a spot, but that might be up in the air now, depending on the outcome of some of the other games.
But for now, this moment belongs to Monte Morris.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle