The Minnesota Vikings acquired wide receiver Mike Wallace, and he is excited about a fresh start with the team.
One thing that the Minnesota Vikings desperately needed to upgrade was wide receiver, and they did that when they went out and acquired Mike Wallace from the Miami Dolphins.
More from Minnesota Vikings
- NFL rumors: Dalvin Cook gives another status update on RB’s free agency
- Vikings: Jordan Addison issues apology after reckless driving charge
- 3 biggest mistakes from the NFL offseason
- Patrick Mahomes is picking a fight with the Kirk Cousins haters
- 3 best QB-receiver combinations in the NFL for the 2023 season
Since the big trade, Wallace has stated his excitement about being given a fresh start with the Vikings, and is ready to get his career back on track. This counter reports that Wallace wasn’t too pleased about the trade from Miami to Minnesota.
Wallace tried to clear the air this weekend:
"“I’m excited. That’s really not true because I didn’t even tell anybody. I don’t know where that kind of came from. A lot of people always put words in my mouth. Nobody ever heard me say that. I don’t have any problems with being here. I’m excited. I’m excited for a fresh start.”"
During his tenure with the Dolphins, there was a lot of disappointment in Wallace’s play. He wasn’t consistent, and he didn’t show the talent that they saw in him when they gave hi a big contract. Trading him was what they’ve wanted to do for quite some time, but acquiring Kenny Stills from the New Orleans Saints made that hope a reality.
As for the Vikings, this trade helps give the offense some fire power in case they lose Adrian Peterson this offseason. There has been tension between Peterson and the Vikings, but adding Wallace could be something that helps offset the potential loss of Peterson if he ends up in a new uniform in 2015.
H/T Star Tribune
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle