Georgia State coach Ron Hunter injured himself celebrating their Sun Belt championship.
Teams around the country are fighting for their conference championships ahead of selection Sunday. A win in the conference tournament punches a team’s ticket to the NCAA Tournament and the big dance.
Georgia State and Georgia Southern duked it out in a rather horrendous contest, with State getting the win 38-36. Yeah, that’s the actual full game scoreline.
Regardless of how bad the game was and how sloppy the win, a team is still going to celebrate a championship and a bid to the NCAA tournament. Georgia State coach Ron Hunter rushed onto the court to hug a player, and the view was blocked on the television angle but he seemed to fall to the ground for some reason.
Then the next thing we know, Hunter is being carried off the court towards the bench and a seat. The broadcast said they think it was an ankle injury but who knows, he was embracing a player when he took the fall so it is rather unclear what happened.
[UPDATE:] Hunter tore his Achilles tendon per a report.
Here is a clearer video from SB Nation.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle