Live scoring updates for UCLA vs. SMU in the 2015 NCAA Tournament.
The 2015 NCAA Tournament kicks into full swing on Thursday morning, with the Round of 64 games. Sure there were the “First Four” games, but this is the real start of the tournament when all anarchy breaks out.
More from March Madness
- Angel Reese thinks First Lady’s plan for hosting NCAA Champion is super lame
- Who won men’s March Madness?
- Watch One Shining Moment 2023 after UConn wins national championship
- CBB world reacts to Jim Nantz’s emotional final March Madness sign-off
- UConn national championship parade day, time, route details
In what is an interesting match up, the UCLA Bruins and SMU Mustangs square off in the Round of 64. The Bruins, who are a traditional power in the world of men’s college basketball, comes into this game as the No. 11 seed. The Mustangs, led by the legendary Larry Brown, come into this game as the No.6 and higher seed. At one point, Brown was even UCLA’s coach.
The game is being played at the KFC Yum! Center in Louisville, Kentucky. If the neutral location favors either team, the travel is less daunting for the SMU team. Still, with SMU making their first appearance in the tournament since 1993 they could be viewed as the underdogs in this match up.
Brown’s message to his team, focus on how they play and not the opponent.
“I just want them to worry about how we play,” said Brown, via ESPN.”You don’t have a lot of time to prepare for the people you’re playing. So we’ve got to do the things we value and do them well.”
It should be an interesting match up and arguably one of the more compelling games from the first day of the tournament.
Live updates and highlights from Thursday’s game between UCLA and SMU can be seen below. This game will be broadcast on TruTV.
UCLA gets a late bucket to take a four point lead into the half.
UCLA opens the second half with a four point run to extend their lead.
In a close game, it was UCLA’s largest lead of the half.
While SMU was finally able to get their first points of the half, the Bruins still managed to extend their lead to 10 points, 44-34. SMU was struggling to get their shots to fall.
Thanks to a three-pointer and a turn over that led to an easy bucket, SMU was able to close the gap to just a single point.
A big block and a three-pointer gave SMU a 47-44 lead.
SMU went on a 17 point run to take a 51-44 lead.
UCLA made a bucket to stop the run at 19-0. They trailed by seven, 46-53.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle