The No. 6 SMU Mustangs are facing an upset at the hands of No. 11 UCLA Bruins.
The SMU Mustangs got a six seed in the NCAA Tournament, their first since the early 90s. Things didn’t line up well for the Mustangs, with the UCLA Bruins, a traditional power, in the round of 64.
It was an unfortunate pairing, and things aren’t going so well for SMU so far. They’ve consistently played from behind in the first half and trail the Bruins by four points at half time.
UCLA’s Bryce Howard has been unstoppable from deep, sinking 4-of-5 shots from behind the arc. Hard to keep up with someone shooting so consistently from deep.
Still, the Mustangs are within striking distance and can salvage a win. You’d have to think that there confidence is a bit shaken though heading into the second half.
The Mustangs do have legendary coach Larry Brown at the helm, and he could give an aspiring speech or make the right adjustments to help SMU avoid the upset.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle