The North Carolina Tar Heels are going to a familiar place in the NCAA Tournament, as they are advancing on to the Sweet 16
The Sweet 16 portion of the NCAA Tournament is quickly filling up here on Saturday night, and the next entrant has been decided. With their win over the Arkansas Razorbacks, Roy Williams and the North Carolina Tar Heels are headed back to the promised land.
While it wasn’t the easiest way, as they had to fend off Arkansas down the stretch, the Tar Heels were still able to get the job done and keep their season alive for now. This is two tough games in a row right now for the Tar Heels, as they were given quite the scare at the end on Thursday night by Harvard. But the important part is that they were able to get through it and will now be moving on.
Here’s a look at the updated bracket following the North Carolina win on Saturday night.
Now Carolina will await the winner of what should be a great game on Sunday between Wisconsin and Oregon, meaning that we’re in store for one hell of a Sweet 16 match up, regardless.
We’ll see who their opponent will be on Sunday.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle