Half of the NCAA Women’s Tournament Sweet 16 is set after all the action on Sunday, with two No. 1 seeds getting in
While a lot of the eyes were on the NCAA Men’s Tournament on Sunday, the fact of the matter is that half of the Sweet 16 in the NCAA Women’s Tournament was being filled, and of course, two of the usual suspects are in.
In the Greensboro Region, the South Carolina Gamecocks are in as the No. 1 seed. They had no trouble with Syracuse on Sunday, as many expected, and they will continue their quest for that national title. There’s no question that this is one of the best teams in the country, and they’re proving that.
Another No. 1 seed, Notre Dame in the Oklahoma City Region, is also in. They were able to take care of DePaul, although this win was anything but easy. The Irish got all they could handle from DePaul in this one, but they still were able to pull away in the end.
That said, here’s a look at the updated bracket heading into Monday:
There is still a lot of action left in this tournament, and we’ll see that on Monday as the rest of the Sweet 16 will be filled up.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle