Tampa Bay Buccaneers rookie linebacker Kwon Alexander absolutely destroyed Cleveland Browns quarterback Josh McCown
On a loaded Saturday of NFL preseason action, the Cleveland Browns traveled down south to take on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The injury gods robbed us of seeing a matchup between Johnny Manziel and Jameis Winston with Manziel being sidelined. That made the way for Josh McCown to take the bulk of the work in the third game of the preseason.
After what Bucs linebacker Kwon Alexander did to him, I’d guess McCown is wishing that Manziel was healthy enough to get him a little more rest.
In the first half against the Bucs, McCown was flushed out of the pocket trying to buy time to make something happen. Then this happened:
Apparently McCown should probably not try and buy time outside of the pocket if he’s going to leave himself susceptible to that kind of hit. How he was able to continue playing after that, be it through pain or humiliation, I’ll never know.
McCown actually had a solid showing in the Browns third preseason game. He finished the evening going 17-23 for 117 yards and two scores. That’s a shame that he was actually productive, because all anyone will remember about him from this game is that he got his clock absolutely cleaned.
H/T to Bleacher Report
More from Cleveland Browns
- Browns release 2022 draft pick after allegations he threatened a woman
- Browns wave white flag against the Steelers months ahead of time
- NFL Power Rankings: Who is the best quarterback in each division?
- NFL Power Rankings: Which teams will have the best rushing attacks this season?
- NFL rumors: DeAndre Hopkins reunion with former quarterback off the table