The Auburn Tigers have been in trouble all day against Jacksonville State and things are getting worse in the fourth quarter
Well, no one really expected the Auburn Tigers to struggle with Jacksonville State on Saturday. After an opening weekend where they struggled to find their identity against Louisville, they were expected to come out and blow the Gamecocks off the field.
It has been anything but for the Tigers, and things just got a little worse with time running out in regulation.
With just about five minutes left in the final quarter, not only did Jacksonville State threaten late in Auburn’s territory with the game tied, but they punched one in to take the lead.
With many people choosing Auburn as the SEC Champions and a potential candidate for the College Football Playoff, it’s pretty safe to assume that this could be one of the more shocking things we’ll see all year. Yes, it’s early, but this is something that blindsided all of us.
There’s still time for Auburn to get it together and escape from home with a win, but we’ve learned that Jacksonville State will not go quietly into that good night.
More from College Football
- Jim Harbaugh facing 4-game suspension over NCAA violations
- College football neutral site games in 2023: Full list
- College GameDay announces surprise Week 1 destination
- College football analyst warns Oklahoma that Texas is doing better prep for SEC
- College Football Playoff national championship game locations for 2024, 2025 and beyond