Twitter brought the hot takes out for Charlie Strong on Saturday.
Good thing that Twitter isn’t Charlie Strong’s primary employer, else the Longhorns head coach wouldn’t be trotting out of the tunnel at halftime. After his team entered the half down 37-0 against TCU, Strong was pretty much handed his walking papers by the smartest people in the room (Twitter).
Texas had an absolutely abysmal performance with a drive chart that looks as follows:
- Missed FG
- Missed FG
On the flip side, TCU was scoring at will by running and throwing all over the Longhorns. They even peppered in some trick plays because why not. If there was a bright side for Texas it’s that they gave up 30 points in the first quarter … and only seven in the second. Woof.
So continues the downward spiral of heartbreak for the Stronghorns. Unfortunately in this microwaveable society, there’s little time to breathe. Twitter came swooping in with furious HOT TAKES. Here’s a sampling of the oh so clever quips from the Twitterverse.
"As if the Longhorns season wasn't bad enough already, papelbon just chocked Charlie Strong on the sidelines."
More from College Football
- Jim Harbaugh facing 4-game suspension over NCAA violations
- College football neutral site games in 2023: Full list
- College GameDay announces surprise Week 1 destination
- College football analyst warns Oklahoma that Texas is doing better prep for SEC
- College Football Playoff national championship game locations for 2024, 2025 and beyond