Cincinnati Bengals‘ Wallace Gilberry mocks Cleveland Browns rookie quarterback Johnny Manziel with his trademarked “money sign” celebration after sacking him.
More from Cincinnati Bengals
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- 3 Bengals who won’t be on the roster after training camp
- 3 best QB-receiver combinations in the NFL for the 2023 season
- 5 dream scenarios for Bengals in 2023 season
- NFL Power Rankings: Who is the best quarterback in each division?
The Cincinnati Bengals and the Cleveland Browns are squaring off on Sunday in a big AFC North match up between in-state rivals. The head line of the game is the polarizing and dynamic Browns rookie quarterback Johnny Manziel making his first NFL start.
During his collegiate career he was notorious for his money sign celebration when he would rub his thumb on his fingers with his palms up. It has become a gesture associated with Manziel that can’t be escaped.
So when the Bengals got their first sack on Manziel, you knew they were going to mock him. Bengals’ Wallace Gilberry was the one to get the sack and do the mocking.
This isn’t the first time we’ve seen it though. Michael Sam did it as well when playing for the St. Louis Rams in the preseason. We can probably expect this to happen for a while.
(This Vine comes courtesy courtesy of one of FanSided’s excellent GIF makers, Zombie Prophet and Mike Dyce. Follow them on Twitter, @MikeDyce, @ZProphet_MMA and @FanSidedGIF, for the best GIFs in sports.)
More from FanSided
- NFL rumors: Aaron Rodgers sets Jets up for Super Bowl run with new contract
- MLB Trade Grades: Dodgers land Amed Rosario from Guardians
- Colorado gives Pac-12 a possible death knell with move to Big 12
- NFL rumors: Dalvin Cook suitor maintaining very ‘real’ interest
- Braves get dose of bad news on Max Fried as ace nears return