The Georgia State head coach continues to capture hearts all over the nation.
The most interesting man at the 2015 NCAA Tournament is at it again.
Georgia State head coach Ron Hunter was seen Saturday getting a good-luck pedicure in advance of his team’s Round of 32 game against Xavier in Jacksonville.
From Bill Frakes at Sports Illustrated:
Hunter has already taken social media by storm multiple times over the past couple of weeks.
More from March Madness
- Angel Reese thinks First Lady’s plan for hosting NCAA Champion is super lame
- Who won men’s March Madness?
- Watch One Shining Moment 2023 after UConn wins national championship
- CBB world reacts to Jim Nantz’s emotional final March Madness sign-off
- UConn national championship parade day, time, route details
First, Hunter tore his Achilles celebrating his team’s victory over Georgia Southern in the Sun Belt championship game. Then, Hunter coached the Panthers from an office chair in their opening game against Baylor, which he promptly fell off of following Georgia State’s game winner.
His son R.J. is one of the major reasons Georgia State has been able to make it this far.
R.J. scored nine straight points in the final moments against the Bears and hit the game-winning three with less than three seconds remaining. After averaging 19.6 points per game this season, it appears R.J. is generating plenty of buzz that could positively impact his NBA Draft stock.
With UAB eliminated by UCLA earlier Saturday, Georgia State is the lowest seed remaining in the 2015 tournament. All of those factors have made the Panthers the true Cinderella story of the weekend.
The Panthers can keep the run going into next week and the Sweet Sixteen with a win against Xavier. No matter the result Saturday, Ron and R.J. be worth watching.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle