In the wake of Ohio State’s victory over Oregon in the first ever College Football Playoff National Championship game, several fans are naming puppies after running back Ezekiel Elliott.
More from College Football
- Jim Harbaugh facing 4-game suspension over NCAA violations
- College football neutral site games in 2023: Full list
- College GameDay announces surprise Week 1 destination
- College football analyst warns Oklahoma that Texas is doing better prep for SEC
- College Football Playoff national championship game locations for 2024, 2025 and beyond
The state of Ohio has had to wait a while for a major sports championship. Professionally, the drought has been active ever since Cincinnati Reds last won the World Series in 1990. It had been twelve years since their last NCAA football championship before January 12th of 2015.
Owners are naming their new dogs after running back Ezekiel Elliot. It would appear that Buckeyes fans keep inventing new and creative ways to bask in the afterglow of their National Championship victory over the Oregon Ducks.
Ezekiel Elliott, otherwise simply known as “Zeke” in Columbus, ran wild over the Ducks that Monday night for 246 yards on 36 carries, with four touchdowns. For his efforts, No. 15 was awarded the game’s offensive MVP award. He returns to the team for his junior season in the fall, and is likely to be featured at the top of most preseason Heisman Trophy Award lists. That’s all fine and good. But check out these puppies. They are the real reason you are here anyway.
Oh my goodness. Forget next season. Sure, the Buckeyes look like a good bet to repeat as champs, or at the very least make the playoff once again. But these dogs should be the real focus of next season. It does beg the question if we will be seeing some furry little Cardales, or J.T.s next year. Although we feel for Mariota and company, is “Marcus” really as good of a pet name as “Zeke?” That is for you to decide.
H/T College Spun
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle